Possible new book titles

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Jul 5 15:37:18 EDT 2006

On 5/7/06 18:10, Steve Goldberg wrote:
> One thing I think is needed is a thorough explanation of all the checkboxes
> and fields in the various property inspectors.   I've been using Revolution for
> two years now and am still unsure about the uses of a number of items in the
> Property Inspectors, which do not appear to be well-documented in the user
> guide.

Steve,

(you may have already clocked this but in case not)

it's worth noting that virtually every control in the property inspectors
directly targets a particularly property of the object, and that these
properties are in general documented.  But - they're not necessarily
documented under the names that they have in the property inspector.  Here
comes the tip: if you float your mouse over the control in the PI, the
tool-tip displayed is the actual property name which you can then lookup in
the documentation.

There's also a preference which reverses this: it makes the PI use the actual
property name for each checkbox (etc), and puts the more verbose label into
the tool-tip.

   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866