Long FileName Solution!

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jul 2 05:37:43 EDT 2006

Aloha, Ken:

You are a gem, and this is gold... it solves many challenges for me
across a dozen contexts.  The filename hash occurs on the drop, but
once  unencrypted the rename command  does not touch it. Marvelous...
Thanks!

on dragEnter
   set the acceptDrop to true
end dragEnter

on dragDrop

   put  dragData["files"] into pPath
   put stsLongFilePath(pPath) into pPath
   set the itemdel  to "/"
   put item -1 of pPath into tFileName
   rename pPath to ("/Users/katir/Desktop/taka-audio transcripts/
loaded to dBase but not on TAKA/" & tFileName)
#Yes! full file name in the new  directory....

end dragDrop