Smart card reader

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Sun Jul 2 03:43:01 EDT 2006

> Hi Yves,
>
> I have tried several times with various card readers to do this and
> have not managed to do it on wither Mac or PC. Windows uses a protocol
> called PCSC and supposedly, you can download Mac drivers for it. I
> have done that, but as you say, never get more than the "you are
> connected" message.
>
> If you can work out how to do this, I would be really interested to
> know how, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for success :-(
>
> My solution was to get an electronics guru to make me a box that talks
> to the smart card reader internally and allows me to read & write
> through a serial port.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

It's an USB device
The driver is effectively a PCSC
I've downloaded the mac driver
I can connect and make some "dialog"with the card reader  through the
terminal, but nothing happens in rev with
  - open driver
  - read from driver

I hope somebody on the list has gone a little further ... !
When I read your answer, I'am a little desperated ...

I had some hope end of june, because there was a patch for the mac
driver to download on the website
But it gives no difference
They say that it would work with FireFox, but it's not true
Thereforfe I'm trying to make a data reader and viewer from within Rev.

Anybody else has experience with such a driver ???

Greetings.

Yves COPPE
yvescoppe at skynet.be