Dates In Revolution

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 31 12:50:34 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I know this is an old problem.  I just want to confirm whether it has
been fixed.  I suspect not.

Suppose it's ten past six in the morning on Saturday, May 1st, 1999
in Montreal.  I enter this date in the handler below.

put "May 1, 1999" && "6:10" into d
convert d to dateItems
put d & return
convert d to internet date
put d after msg

Here's what appears in the message box.

1999,5,1,7,10,0,7
Sat, 1 May 1999 08:10:00 -0500

The dateItems say that it's ten past seven, so I suppose it adjusted
for Daylight Savings Time.  The problem is, it is ten past six local
time as entered, so it already reflects Daylight Savings Time.
Converting it to the internet date then tells me it's ten past
eight.  I see the hours and my life slipping away, so I close my
computer and go to Schwartz's for a big, fat smoked meat sandwich
because I figure it may as well be lunchtime.

What am I misunderstanding here?

	Gregory