Copyright issue with RevGoURL commands?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sun Jan 29 20:25:23 EST 2006

> On the upside, Google does provide an API for developers to use for
> such purposes:
>
> <http://www.google.com/apis/>
>

> --
>  Richard Gaskin

I just went to this link to check it out.  You are only allowed 1000
queries per day, and the API is only for Non-Commercial use only.

Those pictures of the dogs may have their own copyright issues too.
Just because google list them doesn't mean the owners gave up their
copyright on the material.

In many cases the owners of the pictures posted may not even know that
google has indexed them, and included them in their database.

I know of people who have set up small websites to show off pictures
of their kids to Grandma, but since they didn't tell the web spiders
to not index in their meta tags or supply a robots.txt file, google
has now indexed those pictures.  Those parents were not happy
when they discovered their family pictures all over google!

I suppose you might find some other search engine other than
google to do your tests with.  There are tons of them out there
some of which may not have such tight controls.

Good luck!

Rick Harrison