How to find words and phrases as well

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sat Jan 28 09:26:58 EST 2006

Thanks a lot Wilhelm for your answer and your website I am discovering
; it is including very useful tools and I am learning a lot from it.

However, I am worrying about using the offset function for several
reasons :
- actually, I have several fields to search in (what I should have
mention in my question, sorry);
- the user should be allowed to write several words or phrases that
should  be search in this several fields;
- I would like to find each occurrence of each word and phrases in the
fields (I am highlighting each of them when the user arrives on one of
the found card, starting from the results list).
- In order to be retain, a card should include alls the words or
phrases written by the user (in other words, I would like an implied
"AND", not an "OR".

With the "find" function it is rather easy and fast, and currently, my
app works well but with the restriction that the user can ask only for
single-word keywords, not phrases.

I keep feeling that I can't easily use the offset function to obtain
what I want to ; Likely, I am missing something ?

best regards
from Grenoble
André