OT- Quicktime Failure on Windows -- Testers needed!

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jan 29 01:57:26 EST 2006

We have just hit a serious problem with Quicktime on Windows.

I would really appreciate feed back... off list or on list.

The next digital edition of Hinduism Today will include the following
movie, hot-linked within Interactive Adobe PDF's..

But in tests... it's not working on Windows machines. To separate
application issues I made a small stack with a single player in
it...... it also doesn't play in Revolution on the same windows
machines.

Try this.

make a card, create 1 player.. name it "testMovie"

then in  a button:

on mouseUp
   set the filename of player "movieTester" to
   set the label of this stack to "Akshardharm, New Delhi"
   start player "movieTester"
end mouseUp

Works fine on Macs...

Movie was create by opening a PAL DV file, exporting from Quicktime
Pro...

Quicktime Movie to Movie:
Compression H.264, audio to AICC, 15 fps, keys every 75.

TIA

Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery