How to find words and phrases as well

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Sun Jan 29 00:21:30 EST 2006

At 10:18 PM +0100 1/27/2006, André.Bisseret wrote:
>I would like to be able to find not only words but also phrases. For
>example, the users should be able to enter « user interface » as a
>whole, while now they only can enter the two words « user » and «
>interface ». (not sure I am clear enough ?!).
>How to distinguish, for a find command, « user interface » as a
>phrase from « user interface » as two words.

How about the options to the find command? In particular,

- find string "user interface"
will find the entire phrase, even if it is embedded inside other
words - for example, it will find "newuser interface".

- find whole "user interface"
will find the entire phrase, but only as whole words - it will find
"user interface", but not "newuser interface".
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com