File/Picture Chooser Widgets for Windows XP/2000 - Stable or still Beta?

Bob Warren robertum at brturbo.com
Thu Jan 26 10:56:20 EST 2006

Dear Windows XP/2000 Users,

When I offered Test Pack #2 of these Widgets to the community a little
while back, I soon discovered that although the widgets worked perfectly
on my own machines, some users had trouble during program
initialization, and certain alterable parameters (such as the size and
position of the widgets) were not actioned correctly.

In an attempt to diagnose the cause of the problem, I passed a copy of
the file chooser widget stack to a member of the community having this
trouble, but unfortunately I have so far not received any kind of
further feedback.

However, I think I know what the cause of this problem might have been,
but of course I need to be absolutely sure, so I am counting on your
help once again to do a quick test for me on your machines. If no
further trouble is reported, then I can pass the widgets from "beta" to
"stable" status, and you can safely use the widgets in your applications
if you wish.

Test Pack #4 is available at http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/stacks.htm .
IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO HAD TROUBLE ON THE FIRST OCCASION, please
try this new version. If there are any problems, either send me a bug
report using the PHP form on this very page (see "Report a BUG" on the
left hand side), or if you prefer please communicate with me directly at
robertum at brturbo.com .

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Bob