Copyright issues with RevGoURL commands

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 15:24:20 EST 2006

In writing a Rev command such as:

RevGoURL "http://www.google.com/search?q=dogs" (for literature)

or

RevGoURL "http://www.images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&
ie=ISO-8859-1&q=dogs" (for images)

it seems to me that what one is really doing is the equivalent of
automatically typing in the searchword "dogs" into Google's search field on the Google
home page and then pressing Return.

Since Google does not have any advertising on its home page www.google.com or
www.images.google.com, it would seem that Google should not lose any
advertising by doing the automation.   Any advertising should appear as it usually
does going through Google's home page.   So I am wondering if there would be a
copyright restriction in the case where no advertising money is lost by Google.
 I'm planning to consult with a copyright attorney for more information, but
if anyone has any more thoughts, I'd certainly like to hear. Thanks to Richard
Gaskin and Peter Evensen for the helpful comments.
Steve Goldberg