Copyright issue with RevGoURL commands?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Wed Jan 25 12:37:39 EST 2006

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see how one could copyright a URL, which is
what one would have to do for you to get into problems.

I believe Google is licensing an SDK so people can use there services.  At
the very worst, you'd have to license the SDK so you could "legitimately"
generate search URL, but I don't think you would even need to do that.

At 11:33 AM 1/25/2006, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if there is a copyright issue with using the powerful
>RevGoURL command to access websites using known Internet search
>engines?   For
>instance, if one is interested in dogs one can access Google simply by
>writing:
>
>RevGoURL "http://www.google.com" or
>RevGoURL "http://www.images.google.com" (to see pictures)
>
>and then typing in "dogs" in Google's search field.   I don't imagine there
>is any difficulty with that.   However, what if one extended it to actually
>incorporate Google's search script in the RevGoURL command, namely:
>
>RevGoURL "http://www.images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&
>ie=ISO-8859-1&q=dogs"
>
>It doesn't download anything, just using Google's search engine from within
>Rev.   Does anyone have any information as to whether or not there are any
>copyright issues?   Thanks.
>Steve Goldberg

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com