Can Dreamcard do a search program?

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:25:02 EST 2006

John.....

Yes, you could build such an app in Dreamcard. I'm not sure the app
would be very efficient or effective and there are significant
technical and performance issues to be addressed along the way. Just
as one example, you say it needs to be able to find "docs". Are these
docs all in one easy (text) format? Or do you need or want to search
formatted documents like Word files? Or even more difficult, PDFs?

Given that OS X has Spotlight for such searches, it's hard to see how
you could improve on that software but what you want to do is
feasible, just not very easy.