Svar: Re: Needed: A shortcut to help user install downloaded fonts

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Mon Jan 16 13:40:25 EST 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 4:15 AM, Kresten Bjerg wrote:

> Chipp,
> This sounds like a beauiful solution, but unfortunately not exactly
> what is needed for our purpose.
> For one thing, we should avoid embedding 12 fonts in the
> standalone, as these fonts are planned to be repeatedly updated in
> the future
> ,-and users shall be enabled to evolve, furnish and accumulate
> diary over years in the same personal standalone.
>  Also, the function of removing the fonts when OS restarts  works
> counterpurpose to our concept.
>  We want users to be able to copy and edit text with glyphs from
> their diaries in Word and other text-editors.
> But congratulations to your new product.

Kresten,

If Chipp's wonderful solution does not work for you then you might
consider the following:

We have been doing this for our font product and it works very well.
1.  Macs can install the fonts directly from a standalone by spitting
out the contents of a custom property to the proper location.
2.  Windows requires an installer that sets the registry properly.
We have a standalone that spits out the installer
(www.clickteam.com), runs it, and deletes it when it is done.

We even have a key/registration process that validates the user
through the standalone.  It all works very well and have had no
problems with this solution.  The fonts are installed for use by all
applications.  They can be updated by repeating the process with a
newer standalone.  If you would like to try it out, just e-mail me
and I would be more than happy to provide you with a registration key
to our fonts.

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
President