[ANN] Revolution Updates Now RSS Feed

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 15 12:08:52 EST 2006

On Sunday, January 15, 2006, at 04:05 AM,
use-revolutiont at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> For those of you who have subscribed to the Rev-Updates email service
> at my
> site (or those of you who *wanted* to, but never have) this is to let
> you
> all know that I now have changed this over to a convenient RSS feed,
> which
> can be connected to by going to this page:
>

> http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/subscribe_revupdates.htm
>
> and is made even more convenient through Safari 2.0! I am dedicated to
> posting new feed items regularly, so if you are interested, check it
> out!
>
> OK, everyone, that's it.... back to work!
> :-)
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software

OK, that's great. I even like the fact that when I hit the subscribe
button that it opened my reader and it automatically subscribed me.

Now for something completely different, sort of.

This: http://www.sonsothunder.com/feeds/STSRevUpdates.xml RSS file is
formatted as version '2.0' and will also work inside of Intuition 1.5.
The procedure for using it follows. Open a file in Intuition 1.5 or
create a new one, go  to Import / RSS & Auto Load,  enter this URL:
http://www.sonsothunder.com/feeds/STSRevUpdates.xml into the URL
window, press Get RSS. That will download this RSS file. After that is
complete press Import. You now have all the items of this RSS feed as a
page in Intuition of the currently open Intuition file. If you add a
RSS link back to that feed's URL then you will have an automated
version that automatically downloads this RSS file while opening
Intuition's own internal reader. Do this by selecting some text to make
a link out of and then by using the E menu go all the way to the bottom
of the E menu to select RSS link. When prompted enter this URL,
http://www.sonsothunder.com/feeds/STSRevUpdates.xml , to complete the
creation of the RSS link.

I think in the next upgrade I will add placing this RSS link
automatically  so the user does not have to create the link. Anyway
with Intuition you can create a book / archive of RSS feeds  from Ken's
Rev-Updates. I hope that this link is meant to be a constant URL for
that feed? The cool thing that is different about Intuition is that RSS
feeds that link to on-line Intuition files can be downloaded and merged
directly from the RSS reader. That is a huge difference than just being
able to go to a website in your primary browser. Intuition files are
multi-paged and can contain all the images if formatted that way.

Intuition 1.5 is completed. Normally you would download the latest
version from Tucows but they don't have the newest version up yet.

To get the Mac OSX version download from here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~gizmotron/intuitionX.sit
 From Tucows when latest versions exist:
  http://www.tucows.com/preview/390071.html

To get the Windows version download from here:
http://www.leveltron.com/windownload.exe
 From Tucows  when latest versions exist:
  http://www.tucows.com/preview/390072.html

You might need to paste these URLs into your browser window to get them
to download properly. Links like this from an email client don't always
open the browser's file download.

Mark