Newby question

Ben Bock benbock at msn.com
Thu Jan 12 12:14:34 EST 2006

I am struggling to learn Rev for an app used on a dissertation project.  I am using the archive search and documentation, just not always finding what I need.  I have 2 current questions that are probably easy for you veterans.  If you can help me, please spell things out, as I am really green with this work.

1) I have an instructional page on how to do a task, and there are two sample problems.  If you get a problem correct and click the correct button, you go to a "That's right" card where you click an "OK" button that returns to the sample card to try the next problem.  If you miss it, you go to other cards that explain how to do the problem, and then return to the sample problem page.

I would like for a button to appear once both answers have been correctly answered, that then would allow users to move to the "Start Test" page.  So it needs to be something like

"If button A is true and button B is true, then show me", but I'm not finding examples, and now think that a "switch" command is called for.  Suggestions?

2) I need this same quiz to have a time limit of 2 minutes.  There are multiple cards, each card has 6 quiz items. When time is up, the quiz is up.  At the bottom of each card is a "Go to next Page" button for the user.  I found a solution in the archives that is not working for me, here<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-November/046953.html>.  It is this:

a button with:

on mouseUp

send timerUpdate to field "Timer" in 1 seconds

end mouseUp

A text field with:

on timerUpdate
   global gStartTime
   put 60 - (the seconds - gStartTime) into timeRemaining
   if timeRemaining <= 0 then
put 0 into me
     go to last card
   else
     put timeRemaining into me
     send "timerUpdate" to me in 1 second
   end if
end timerUpdate

All I get is about a 2 second delay, and then the text field shows a zero.

Thank you for any help,

Ben