[ANN] HOOT: Hacked Object Oriented Transcript

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Tue Feb 28 02:38:26 EST 2006

On Feb 27, 2006, at 2:36 PM, capellan wrote:

> Hi Geoff,
>
> This "Hacked Object oriented Transcript" reads like an
> extraordinarily useful addition to the techniques
> available in this platform.
>
> In this platform, i've played mostly with vector graphics.
> With the stack "PenTool", i'm able to create individual vector
> graphics,
> but latter when these graphics are grouped is problematic to apply
> any transformation to this group (transformations like Scale, Rotate,
> Slant, Flip, fill and line color changes, line weight change, etc).
>
> Do you think that this handler could help me with this task?

I don't think it would help. I think you probably need to do
something like figure out what the relative positions of the graphics
are, ungroup them, scale/transform them, then position them as you
like and regroup them. The ungrouping/regrouping might be
unnecessary, but I'd want to test it.

> If your answer is positive, then
> How difficult could be to create a group (with multiple vector
> graphics)
> that works as a single gradient vector graphic object?

I think you'd have to write the code as described above. HOOT could
help you to create the code in a way that could be applied to any
number of groups with enclosed graphics, though.

> This "Gradient vector graphic group" needs to keep constant
> his color attributes when transformed. For example, if you slant,
> scale, rotate, change shape, etc, the color should keep the
> style of a gradient, not become distorted.
>
> It's possible at all?

Not sure -- I'm not the graphic wizard on this list. Someone else
might jump in with an answer.