Win XP/ Rev 2.7 follow-up.

bryan at deepfoo.com bryan at deepfoo.com
Mon Feb 27 16:24:17 EST 2006

Just a quick note to follow-up on issues with Win XP/Rev 2.7 that I experienced and am still
experiencing.

First, although this has never been a problem in 2.6 or previous, I am running a dual monitor
set-up. The system is the same one I have run 2.6.1 stacks on without crashes for as long as it has
been out.

I took Sarah's advice and rebuilt the two stacks I had native in 2.7. There is a stack running on
each monitor. All I am doing is cutting and pasting text between the stacks although there is also a
call to check clipboarddata and to set and get it. Other than that there is nothing really going on.
Some files are being parsed, read into fields. Again there has never been a problem and the code is
identical.

How does this bug appear? Eventually, it will happen by simply copying and pasting between fields.
That's it. That is all that is being done. It is a guaranteed show-stopping crash if I run the
stacks long enough.

Although it does not specifically relate to Xavier's note on problems with the script editor I think
he did mention something about cut and paste (was it drag and drop?) of text being an issue for him.
That is as close as I can get to ferreting out the issue.

I think the next step would be to set-up (someone at Rev that is) a dual monitor Win-XP system and
see if they can recreate the problem.