report object missing

Kresten Bjerg Kresten.Bjerg at psy.ku.dk
Mon Feb 27 13:46:33 EST 2006

Hi
Its fine, if Jan Schenkel can make a buisiness out of selling the report-options in improved, professional versions. 130 Dollars I think, for the cheapest way.  But I an just looking for an element, an object type,( "report object") which is described in the documentation to be found in the  Object, new control panel, but is missing there, but necessary , if one shall follow the instructions to produce a layout card, to implement the revReportSetup (which is present).
A posting says it is "deprecated"....?  whatever that means.  I guess all I need is one exemplary "report object", or a description of, whether an ordinary field can be used as such an object, also if it is going to refer to whole cards in a multiple cards to a page- solution
As I am working on producing a freeware tool standalone, and without any profit, it seems strange if one shall have to pay for what the IDE promises to contain.
Kresten