object scripts

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Feb 26 13:37:07 EST 2006

I've tried to wrap my head around this object/class stuff 20 times.
It just doesn't speak to me. My brain doesn't work this way, and I
wasted 300 bucks on Real Basic about 5 years ago trying it out.
Couldn't make one thing work. C and it's derivatives were just too
verbose and had to generate all those files just to make an app.

I loved 6502 and Z80 assembler and Forth, BASIC was easy, but
Hypertalk  was the best of all worlds. It was nice to come home to
Transcript.

Has it been proven that using OOP has provided programming
efficiency, or is it happening because 'everybody is doing it'??
(this has happened before..)

sqb

--
stephen barncard