Transcript and Dot Notation

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Feb 26 11:29:07 EST 2006

Dan, Richard, et al:

> Just
> making dot syntax an alternative -- or even implementing OO syntax
> using it -- doesn't have to corrupt the underlying Transcript syntax
> *except* for those people who choose an  OO approach to their Rev
> projects.

So dot syntax is optional...UNLESS people choose to use the OO
constructs we are hoping for in some future release?

So the option is "use or don't use objects", not "use or don't use dot
syntax".

How about RRLtd implements OO in an XTalk manner first, and then we
talk about a dot notation option?  At least then it would be a _real_
option.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company