Window with no title bar in Linux?

Bob Warren robertum at brturbo.com
Sat Feb 25 00:25:02 EST 2006

Phil Davis wrote:

 >What happens if you make the stack larger than the screenRect, and
show >the stack at the screenLoc? I've done that before (though not on
 >Linux).

Thanks for trying Phil, but in Ubuntu Linux, regardless of the size of
the window (i.e. bigger than the screen itself or not), I cannot get
anything to move upwards beyond the system's menu bar. No trouble moving
left or right beyond the screen. No trouble moving downwards beyond the
system taskbar and offscreen. But the menu bar at the top seems to be
like a brick wall.

Of course, in Windows it's a different story....

The question arises, is this a limitation imposed by Linux itself
somehow, or simply an inconsistent characteristic designed by Rev?
I might never discover.

Best,
Bob