Transcript and Dot Notation

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Fri Feb 24 22:54:57 EST 2006

1.  It being "optional" didn't stop it from destroying accessibility to
verbose Lingo in Director.  Latecomers to Director didn't have any other
learning "options" or "choices" than dot.speak.

2.  Optional isn't the same as transparent.  I'd be less leery if I could
look in a crystal ball and see that it was implemented in a transparent
fashion.

3.  It's a slippery slope.  Once it heads down that path, there will be
little reason to implement new functionalities in Rev taking care to do it
in a natural-language fashion.

This is why it's controversial.  At least to me it is.

Judy