Transcript and Dot Notation

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:29:32 EST 2006

This is exactly the way transcript works now, except that it would allow you
to create custom objects.

But that raises a whole new issue...

How would you define a custom object?

Right now, I use groups to create custom objects, like specialized tables
and the like.

But, say we wanted to define a custom object that was not a group, like a
telephone object that behaves in a certain way.  How would you use
transcript to define the parameters of that object?

One thought is that they could create some sort of blank object, with, like
all possible properties that one could think of, that could be set from the
property inspector - like a universal object.