Transcript and Dot Notation

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 15:54:06 EST 2006

On 2/24/06 12:14 PM, "Dan Shafer" <revolutionary.dan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> .this.that.thatotherthing.IsThisParticularDotSupposedToBeAMethodOrAnObject.Sh
>> ootMeNow

My vote would be that the option to use dot notation would be quite welcome.
I, too, use programs that become much simpler and functional that way.

Of course, those who build simple, effective projects don't collide with
template objects, constructors, inheritance vs verbose function calls, etc.

One real-world object-oriented database we all use is the driver's license
database.  We all carry our own, it has unique data, and each is responsible
for maintaining it.  We are the object that owns the object.  The license
expires periodically, and definitely expires when we do.

Another object is the parking valet, whose knowledge and skills allows him
to deal with any vehicle, automatic or manual transmission, large or small,
rain or shine.  Once programmed, an object can be very powerful.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas