On the Democratic Operation of Bugzilla

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 24 14:11:17 EST 2006

Hello Tom,

Actually, I couldn't make a balance sheet balance for the life of me
(no offence to any accountants on this list), but I do appreciate
your thoughtful analogy.  It falls short of our Bugzilla deal,
though.  Accountants receive disparate (not desperate; that would be
Nortel and Enrol) audit and tax preparation jobs from clients whose
businesses and accounting practices the accounting firm often knows
little about (and sometimes the clients know little about as well).
Not so with Runtime Revolution.  The Revolution team built it,
maintains it, and we use it; and my understanding is that the program
itself is a series of stacks and is based on HyperTalk (or whatever
the language is called).   So, receiving a stream of e-mails with bug
reports should be quite informative for the Revolution team.  Same
bug pops up in a lot of subject headers tells the team that there's a
problem affecting a lot of users, and it's a big enough of an
annoyance to get those users to write in about it.  The Revolution
team then has to use its judgement about prioritizing the fixes.
They know enough about the program to do that, and there's nothing
about Bugzilla, as far as I see, that helps them do their job better.

Regards,

	Gregory

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Thomas McGrath III: