Difficulty using shell in Ubuntu Linux

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 21 13:33:26 EST 2006

Bob,

I am going to be dealing with the problem of spaces in file names
across platforms and also with the problem of file names being too
long in my project. Can you summarize what you have figured out (with
the help you have gotten). Do you have any sample code snippets?
stacks? or examples?

I tried to follow but got lost somewhere. I know we are talking about
replacing " " with "\" but where do these work? in unix/mac/win from
a shell or command line or from REV path tools?

Thanks

Tom