[Tip] Propeties & sets & List of 'reserved words' and gotchas

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 20 23:27:57 EST 2006

Aha! I can reproduce both of these. Now I see what you mean. You and
Trevor are talking about two different things.

Trevor is naming new property sets uniquely. The keys of these custom
property sets can be anything, but the actual name of the set itself
cannot be a reserved word. That's what you are trying to do in recipe
#2. The name of a custom property in the default set also cannot be a
reserved word. That's your recipe #1.

It isn't a bug, it's just how things work. When you say:

   the name of btn 1

the engine cannot know whether you mean a custom property called "name"
or the built-in property -- and it is right to forbid that duplication.
Recipe #2 is an extension of the same thing, though I confess not to
know the exact details why. But it makes sense to me on a generic level.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com