[HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri Feb 17 14:12:38 EST 2006

yeah, Had the same feelings. I really despise that "My" terminology
myself. Total lemming-words, like Win this and Win that. It's
Microsoft-Speak and I,  a card-holdling,
pry-from-my-cold-dead-fingers Mac diehard, have a bit of hesitation
typing those words. And now, it's etched in stone in the code
forever. Kinda like the RFC misspellings:

"So what if somebody (probably Tim Berners-Lee, who wrote the
original HTTP spec) was a better engineer than speller? Yes, the
correct spelling is referrer, but the term referer is embedded into
the code of millions of browsers and servers and it's too late to
change now."

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o