Standalones won't launch

David Mendriski djdrisk at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 20 11:15:45 EST 2006

I recently purchased an update to Studio so that I could make my
applications into standalones.  I have three apps, one for solving
Sudoku puzzles, one for translating English sentences into Latin and
one for drilling the 14 tenses of Italian verbs.  All three of these
apps work perfectly in the development mode, created under Revolution
Dreamcard 2.6.  My standalone apps are supposedly created for PC and
Mac OSX and I can find the files. When I click on their ICons to
launch them on my Imac, the names of the apps flash for a fraction of
a second in the Menu bar and then disappear leaving me looking at the
finder window.  They don't stay launched.  I then experimented by
making a silly simple application that had one button and one field.
The button was scripted to beep however many times were entered into
the field.  It worked both in development and when converted to a
standalone it launched, stayed open and worked perfectly.  So what am
I doing wrong when making my serious apps into standalones?  Please
help me so that I did not spend $200.00 for a useless upgrade.  Thanks,

Dave Mendriski
djdrisk at earthlink.net