Dock icon - data update

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 19 18:30:46 EST 2006

Karen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether there is any way in Revolution to show text  on
> the dock icon in Mac OS X?  I'm updating my Stock Portfolio  program and
> one of the neat features that has been suggested is the  ability to see
> (say) the current value of your portfolio on the dock  icon.  Since it
> is very platform specific, I wasn't sure whether  Revolution could do it...

Yes, you should be able to do it. Revolution has a global property
called the "icon" which, if set, specifies the icon that is displayed in
the OS X dock. You could write a script that takes a snapshot of a small
image containing the text you want to show, and then set the icon to the
id of that image. If you do this repeatedly using a "send in <time>"
structure, the icon would update dynamically.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com