2.7 Consensus

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 04:37:36 EST 2006

On 2/19/06, Scott Kane <scott at proherp.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There has been a lot of chatter here (in a good way)
> about the release of 2.7.  I'm eligible for the
> upgrade and have downloaded it and so far have had
> zero problems in the tasks I have needed to perform.
>
> However - I'm leery on working on a project for real
> given some of the issues being raised (and the statements
> from some old hands that they have reverted back to 2.6.*)
> and am looking for something positive before committing
> to it.  I'd welcome your input on this....

I have been gradually converting all my projects to 2.7 but keeping
complete backups of the 2.6 stacks just in case. Chipp's plugin makes
it easy to go back if you have a major problem, but I found that 2.7
solved various problems I was having with standalones crashing on
startup or not loading the speech external, so I'm very happy with it.

Cheers,
Sarah