Wow! It's starting to click now!

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Sat Feb 18 20:05:40 EST 2006

Greetings,

Well, it seems Rev is starting to click and stick for me now.  I
actually wrote some code without referring to the docs or looking at
any examples, or asking for a sample on the list here!

Garrett's pride and joy code from scratch:

local varTitleVisualStatus = 1
local varDateVisualStatus = 1

on TitleVisualStatusSub
   -- Title header is height of 24 open, 9 closed
   if varTitleVisualStatus is 1 then
     set the visible of field "FieldTitle" to false
     set the visible of image "FieldTitleClose" to false
     put 0 into varTitleVisualStatus
   else
     set the visible of field "FieldTitle" to true
     set the visible of image "FieldTitleClose" to true
     put 1 into varTitleVisualStatus
   end if
end TitleVisualStatusSub

I feel totally stoked now!  :-)  This means I'll be sticking with Rev
for a long time to come now and will most likely have to sell the
wife and kids in order to be eligible for updates and upgrades.  ;-)
But I refuse to part with my kitties and my computers!

Thanks to everyone here helping me out.  Had it not been for all of
you, Rev would not be clickin' and a stickn' in my skull.

-Garrett
P.S. And Constellation Rocks Too!