Crashing in 2.7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 15 15:04:28 EST 2006

bryan at deepfoo.com wrote:
> I have to say something in 2.7 seems seriously wrong. I was doing absolutely nothing exciting in the
> tool, just running a simple stack with no externals, etc and it managed to bring down WIN XP causing
> a reboot. I am however running on a dual monitor system which has not been a problem at all for Rev
> until now. Might that be it? Ironic no given multi-monitor support is supposed to be in this version?
>
> I've only just now seen the problem on the list with a change in binary format from 2.6.1 to 2.7.
> I'm wondering if in fact this might be part of the problem as well. The stack I was running was
> created under 2.6.1 (and I guess now hoplessly converted to 2.7).
>
> Any thoughts out there would be appreciated.

I kind of doubt it had anything to do with the file format. There were
an awful lot of changes to 2.7, particularly in dual-monitor support and
graphics/images. I'd be more likely to suspect something like that.

Your stack won't be hopelessly converted to 2.7 format unless you save
it. If you just close it without saving, it remains unchanged from before.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com