Cards within Stacks

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:17:10 EST 2006

On 2/15/06, Jeff Honken <jhonken at x12.info> wrote:
> Well here's a newbie question that I have.  Do all cards within the same
> stack have to be the same size?  What I would like to do is present the
> user with a card that they can input various search criteria.  The
> program would then take that information and do a search on another card
> within that stack.  i.e. User inputs last Name of a person and the form
> queries the database displaying the results.  I know I can use the Ask
> command but I would like to give multiple items that they can query on.
> Is there a way to use a smaller card for this query box?  Jeff

You can't set a card size - it just takes it's size from the size of
the stack that contains it. However you can change the stack size by
script as you navigate through the cards, if that is what you want to
do.

A neater solution is to use a sub-stack for such purposes and make it
whatever size you like. It then opens while the main stack is still
open.

HTH,
Sarah