2.7 BUG: Getting Started with a Database

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Feb 14 17:12:37 EST 2006

Hi David and Scott,

altSQLite3 does work fine with 2.7. Just tested it, but you have to know
where to install the DLL/bundle to.

Find the folder where Rev in installed, then be sure and copy the
bundle/DLL to the folder below.

/Externals/Database Drivers

Next, update your database drives.txt file to have the last line read:

altSQLite3,dbsqlite3.dll

so it will appear in the standalone settings for proper inclusion into
the standalone.

NOTE!!!

Currently, standalone inclusion of 3rd party database drivers DOES NOT
APPEAR TO WORK IN Rev 2.7. RunRev is aware of this problem and is
working on fixing it.

So..the workaround is to manually copy the dbsqlite3.dll to your folder
named:

/Externals/Database Drivers

inside your standalone application folder.

I assume the same is true for Mac, though I haven't tested it yet.

Once this is done, everything should work fine.

We will be upgrading the altSQLite3 Demo stack to manage this process
automatically (other than the standalone builder bug).

best,

Chipp