Getting Started with a Database

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:36:16 EST 2006

On 2/14/06, Stephen Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com> wrote:

> I agree, a working SQL client is essential to get past the 'chicken
> and egg' of develop an app without data.
>
>   I loved and used CocoaMySQL for years, but the version at the
> sourceforge link will break with 10.3.4 and above and most certainly
> Tiger. Just stops functioning.

I'm very pleased to say I have to disagree. I'm using:

CocoaMySQL 0.5
MySQL 4.0.25 (have the new 5 download but haven't yet swapped over)
OSX 10.4.4
Rev 2.6.1 (will download 2.7 as soon as I can get off this list;-)

all of which has been performing rock solidly.

PS Ruslan I noted your earlier post and as I stated in my last after a
little more trouble shooting I may need to post my problem. I am registered
with the Valentina list and I must ask do you ever sleep? Your support is
phenomenal - some of the Rev officials could take a lesson of making more
regular appearances on this list. Lastly though, as stated by Stephen,
having a working 'utility client' is essential in getting past the chicken
and the egg and so without an equivalent 'CocoaValentina' it is taking me a
little longer to troubleshoot my current problem - hard to tell is it Rev,
my code or Valentina.

PPS Before trouble shooting I now have Rev 2.7 to download and test drive.
Thanks Rev team.