Rendering Text

Wally Rodriguez wlists at fireworksmm.com
Mon Feb 13 18:01:34 EST 2006

I have an solution that I'm trying to put together that will serve as
a slate generator for our video production company.

Basically a slate is a series of frames that count down (10 to 2)
that is placed just before a commercial. This slate has all the
information needed to identify a spot.

What I need to do is to use this sequence of images as a background
and render text on top based on information entered in various fields.

The roadblock I'm running into is the actual rendering of the text on
an image and then saving it.

It occurred to me that it could be relatively easy to do a screen
grab of the area, then rename that file and so forth, but I can't
figure out how to do this.

Ideally I would not have to depend on screen grabs and it would be
great to just generate the frames and save them internally.

I'm very new to RR so if anyone has any pointers on how to do this I
would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!!

Wally