Blured Printout of Textfield Over Image

Mark Waddingham 36degrees at runrev.com
Wed Feb 8 17:56:17 EST 2006

Hi Thomas,

> Text in a textfield that is placed on top of an image gets an ugly
> shadow if it is printed out.
> When I "print" it as a pdf-file and have a closer lock, I see two
> things:
>
> - the text nice and scaleable
> - a dropback of the text in pixels of the original screen-resolution.
>
> The same textfield placed on a graphic-field looks good.
> I use RunRev 2.5.1 on Mac OSX 10.4.4

One way to work around this problem is to ensure that the image the
field is in front of does not have either a 1-bit mask or an alpha-
mask. If an image has either of these, the part of the stack within
its bounds will be rasterized first and then printed - resulting in
everything above also being rasterized causing the 'ugly shadow' you
have observed.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.