Re: How to stay on a card when repeating a « find »

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Wed Feb 8 05:55:43 EST 2006

Bonjour Éric,
Thank you very much for this nice "decision tool" !
Actually, the 10 tests on 2000 cards  are extraordinarily fast (good
for me, all the more so that I am even far from getting 2000 cards in
my app. !).

I like your "repeat for each line tCd in the cardNames of this stack"
to work around the impossibility in Rev to use "repeat for each card".

And of course, I appreciate a lot your "set to random(100) > 50" (quite
intriguing at first glance !) :-)))

Best regards from Grenoble
André

Le Monday, 6 Feb 2006, à 17:46 Europe/Paris, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

> Bonjour André,
>
> To make your decision, just do a test :-)
> In a brand new stack:
>
> on mouseUp
>     local tStart, tNumOfCards = 2000, tNumOfTests = 10
>     -----
>     put "Creating" && tNumOfCards && "cards"
>     lock screen
>     repeat tNumOfCards
>         new card
>         set the dontSearch of this cd to random(100) > 50
>     end repeat
>     -----
>   unlock screen
>     put "Now testing"
>     put the milliseconds into tStart
>     repeat tNumOfTests
>         repeat for each line tCd in the cardNames of this stack
>             set the dontSearch of tCd to true
>         end repeat
>     end repeat
>     put (the milliseconds - tStart) div  tNumOfTests && "milliseconds
> for" && tNumOfCards && "cards"
> end mouseUp
>
> I have just modified Jacque very clever idea by using a repeat for
> each form that usually is far faster than repeat with i = 1 to x.
> Actually my purpose was to show how it's easy and quick to write a
> little script to make one's decision:
> The test takes here about an average of 100 milliseconds for 2000
> cards :-)
>
> Le 6 févr. 06 à 13:55, André.Bisseret a écrit :
>
>> Jacqueline, I like your tricky "dontsearch" solution. I tried it ;
>> currently I have 320 cards and it works well and is very fast.
>> I am hesitating to use it because, at the end, after resetting the
>> dontsearch of all cds to false, I must reset the dontsearch of
>> certain cards to true ; well, anyway, the whole thing is running very
>> fast !
>> Also, the number of cards in my app. is going to grow each years, so
>> this solution could be provisional ; well, why not !
>> I have to make a decison, but, thanks to this list,  it is really
>> comfortable to can choose among several solutions !
>
> Best Regards from Paris,
> Eric Chatonet

André Bisseret
Directeur de recherche émérite
Adresse : 140 rue E. Béthoux - 38220 Vizille
Tél. : 04 76 68 15 24
Courriel : Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
            et : bisseret at andre-bisseret.com
site Multifiches :