FTP

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Mon Feb 6 03:43:58 EST 2006

>I use RBrowser(free and very happy with it) and was going to switch to
>Transmit for their extensive Applescript support but that it is on the
>backburner for now.  In fact, I will probably expand my Rev tools and not
>use Transmit.
>
>RBrowser has the multi column views and the local in a separate window
>rather than 2 panes.
>
>RBrowser - The SSH Client for the Mac!
>RBrowser is a graphical SSH/SCP/SFTP/FTP Client for the Mac.

I sure wish we had a way to do SFTP with Rev.

I need a way for my Rev project to get encrypted files placed onto a
server, a means that does not
send the password & username in the clear when doing so. Gotta work
on Mac & PC. My
project would do the sending by script and leave nothing up to the user.

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on how secure the following might be?
Rev app using a Perl CGI or Rev/MC CGI which takes form data that's
sent via the libURL
libUrlMultipartFormData and then writes a file which is then saved to
a directory on the server.

Love to have SFTP built into Rev though.

ciao,
sims

European Rev Conference  2006
www.techietours.com