Newby questions: Using a table field as a spreadsheet

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Feb 5 16:08:02 EST 2006

Hi Ben,

Le 5 févr. 06 à 21:59, Ben Bock a écrit :

> 1) My application is a standalone that administers a series of
> "quizzes".  Data will be invisibly stored in a separate stack or
> file.  User does not see results.  I would like to use a table
> field that will be located in a separate data stack, and be able to
> use it like a spreadsheet.  I can find no doc pertaining to using
> table fields like this.  Is this possible?

The "How to Manage Table Fields" tutorial might help you:
You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/.
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

> 2) I'm trying to learn how to get the data to enter separate cells
> within the table field.  Any given quiz might have 10 to 60 items.
> There will probably be 10-12 quizzes. It seems to me like a better
> idea for each quiz to have it's own field/file.

Sure: better maintenance above all.

> 3) Or am I better off using separate tab-delimited fields for each
> item/variable?  Or a custom property?  The end intent is to be able
> to copy and paste into Excel, and then to a stats package.

Tab/tab/return delimited lists are easy to handle :-)
Mixed with the previous idea.

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet