using stacks on multiple computers

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Feb 2 04:28:49 EST 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> John Vokey wrote:
>
>> Jacqueline,
>>   I routinely use dynamic path allocation (i.e., relative to the
>> stack).  For example, to set the path to the folder "data" in the
>> same folder as the stack, I routinely use (in Metacard/RR):
>>   --
>>   --  Get/Set Paths
>>   --
>>   put the filename of this stack into thePath
>>   set the itemdelimiter to "/"
>>   delete the last item of thePath
>>   put thePath&"/data/" into datapath
>>
>> But, although this approach works with Metacard and RR, it doesn't
>> work with DreamCard (at least, not DreamCard Player); I believe the
>> archives of this list document this fact.
>

> Seems to work here okay. I just made a test stack and copied your
> script into it, with this addtion at the end:

Tsk Tsk guys :-) :-)
You shouldn't discuss (possible) bug behaviour without mentioning
version info and OS.

This certainly was a problem in the early versions of the Player - see
my detailed description in email to this list on 22/10/04, including a
stack on RevOnline to demonstrate it. Tested on WinXP (again, today).

However, I just downloaded the latest Dreamcard Player (2.6.1), and it
does not demonstrate the same problem, for me, on WinXP.

John - are you using a 2.6.1 based Player ?  An upgrade may be all you
need to fix it; if not, can you give the OS and version info for where
you see it.

(Note - stacks played *directly* from RevOnline do still demonstrate
this characteristic of having no "filename of this stack" - but that's
reasonable, since the stack is simply in memory and doesn't have a
corresponding file).