Dates In Revolution

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 01:24:41 EST 2006

> Sarah, in response to your question, I'm using version 2.6.1, build
> 152 for OS X.  I used your handler below, but it returns the last
> item of the dateItems, which is the numeric day of the week.  Perhaps
> I've misunderstood its purpose because my problem is with the way the
> Convert command attempts to adjust hours.

Ooops - it was meant to check item 4, not the last item. Sorry about that.
However I have not seen this problem in recent versions of Rev.

However, I agree with you that there are problems with the current
dateTime stuff in Rev. One that causes me lots of problems is that
"the seconds" refers to the number of seconds since midnight on
1/1/1970 GMT. So the actual numeric value translates into completely
different times depending on your local time zone. I have lobbied for
an addition to the syntax called "the local seconds" which refers to
an absolute time regardless of time zones & daylight savings.

However if "convert" made no changes to the time when it did it's
conversion, this would have the same effect. Perhaps we need the
ability to add an extra parameter to the convert command. Something
like:
    convert absolute tDate to dateItems

If you want more info about dates & times in Rev, I contributed a
scripting conference stack on the topic, which you can get at
<http://support.runrev.com/scriptingconferences/>

Cheers,
Sarah