relayering groups within groups?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:35:46 EST 2006

On 2/1/06, Terry Judd <tsj at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> I'm having real trouble trying to change the layer of a group within a
> group without it either 'breaking free' from it's parent group (to be
> owned by the card) or somehow joining with another 'sub' group that
> belongs to the parent group.
>
> I've got the relayerGroupedControls set to true and I've tried setting
> the layer of the sub-group I want to bring to the front of the group to
> both "the number of controls" and the number of controls - the number
> of controls of the sub group (and various other incantations) none of
> which seem to have the desired effect.

I recommend NOT setting relayerGroupedControls to true. Instead,
select your parent group and then click "Edit group" in the toolbar.
Everything but the group will disappear. Then you can select your
sub-group and use the normal "Send to back", "Send to front" etc menu
items without the sub-group being able to come out of the parent
group.

HTH,
Sarah