OT: 2D to 3D Tools -- What Happened to Canoma?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Dec 31 21:35:35 EST 2006

Sivakatirswami wrote:
> I was naive enough to think that some 3D programs would just import jpegs
> and voila! your giant image library become content resource for games
>
> But, not so... I then Googled 2d to 3d and found some stuff, most
> fascinating was
> Canoma, which apparently was purchased by Adobe, but a search at Adobe's
> site
> doesn't show anything:
>
> NEED: 2D to 3D software are a reasonable price.
>
> 3Dsom from UK is nearly $3,000.00 !
>
> Another route: does anyone know if and how Adobe incorporated Canoma
> into their suite?  and how to access those mapping tools?

OK I did some web sleuthing and answered at last on part of
my own question:

Sadly, as Microsoft bought and snuffed out "Living Cells"
it appears that Adobe bought and buried Canoma...
Their new product "Atmosphere" which was committed to
incorporating Canoma technology, also died...

Leaving us with no easy 2D to 3D tool box.

Any thoughts?

In  Peace
Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com