mysql to valentina using libdatabase

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Dec 29 11:01:44 EST 2006

On Dec 28, 2006, at 6:52 PM, Robert Mann wrote:

> trying to convert a mysql database to a valentina database
> searching the
> list I ran across libDatabase and looks like it will do the
> conversion, I am
> just having a hard time figuring out how to use it tried to go
> through the
> getting started, to run this do you put the following in the
> message box?
>
> put "mysql" into tDbA["Type"]
> put "localhost" into tDbA["Host"]
> put "recipes" into tDbA["Name"]
> put "root" into tDbA["Username"]
> put "" into tDbA["Password"]
>
> libDatabase_RegisterDatabase "myrecipesdb", tDbA
>
> libDatabase_Connect "myrecipesdb"
>
> libDatabase_GetDBConnectionID("myrecipesdb")

Robert,

It looks like you are using the version 1 syntax.  You should
download version 2 of libDatabase if you are just getting started
with it.

Then syntax in 2.0 would be:

libdb_registerDatabase "myrecipesdb", tDbA
libdb_connect "myrecipesdb"
put libdb_getConnectionID("myrecipesdb") into theConnectionID

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com