Unicode text for buttons, etc

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Wed Dec 20 11:45:25 EST 2006

Hello Carly J. Born,

1) you can use unicode in runrev. Please search the docu for "unicode*" and read the info about uniDecode,uniEncode,useunicode,UTF8,UTF16 etc.
2) on win I can use any language if I select the language on the system bar for fonts and languages or use the "charmap" (just execute "cmd" and "charmap") with the extended view "unicode groups" and copy it directly in the textfield, which must be set to a unicode font! (Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, and I think Verdana for the most languages)
3) the rtl-properties of runrev are broken: the direction of words is always from left to right. If you have installed rtl-support on the windows system(support for oriental languages in the system properties) than runrev shows the direction of the letters within the word correct (this problem is for all programs on win machines except the iebrowser, firefox etc. and winword which use their own rtl-modules)

=> unicode in languages which go from left to right are no problem in runrev, the others you have to convert/reverse/fake ...

regards,
Franz
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch