CPU timings

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Dec 19 13:24:52 EST 2006

Recently, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I have a Mac PowerBook G4 that runs at 864 MHz. I want to know how this
> would compare to a Pentium III running at 800 MHz. I think Pentiums are
> a little faster than Motorola chips, but in general, do you think they'd
> run at about the same speed? Or close?

IMO, I would say there may not be any "real" way to know.  If your stack has
any kind of visual component to it, then the capabilities of the graphics
cards can affect performance as well, or at least perceived performance.  If
your stack is processing only, then perhaps the systems may be close, but
someone else may have a better answer.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director