Fonts

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Dec 17 04:22:30 EST 2006

Hi Peter,

The difference in availability of font sizes is a coincidence,
although it would probably be much more of a coincidence if the
available font sizes would have been the same. The person who created
the property inspector simply had a view different from the person
who created the menu bar. It would be a good thing if RR Ltd could
pay attention to this kind of details.

There isn't really "too large a font". What exactly are you doing,
choosing a font or a size? Is there anything special about the font
you choose, is it a truetype font or could it be an old bitmap font?
Does this problem occur with all fonts?

To find out which fonts are available to Revolution, type "put the
fontnames" in the messge box and type enter. Is there anything
special about the fonts that are not included in the list returned by
the fontnames?

Revolution doesn't come with its own fonts. As a default font, it
uses Geneva on Mac OS Classic, Lucida Grande on Mac OS X and Arial on
Windows. I can imagine that your Linux distribution doesn't include
the font that Revolution wants to use as the default font. It might
be picking an alternative, but if it does, it may display sizes and
styles incorrectly. E.g. if the font of an object has been set to
Lucida Grande, while this font is unavailable under Windows,
Revolution will always display a 12 points text size instead of the
text size that you specified.

I don't have a clear-cut solution for you, but I hope this helps you
to track down the problem.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 17-dec-2006, om 9:45 heeft Peter Alcibiades het volgende geschreven: