Custom Property Issue

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Mon Dec 11 04:01:17 EST 2006

Hi,

Not sure what I've got going wrong here but the code below works fine on the
second execution but not the first.  A stack is opened (sheet or modal
according to OS) and the Stack has a Cancel and Save button.  If the Save
button in Clicked the Custom Property ModalResult is set to true and the
Stack is send a Hide message from that button.  The converse (set to False)
if Cancel is clicked.  The routine that shows the stack below works fine but
I can't get it to retrieve the contents (see code below) as the Custom
Property does not seem to be set.  As I said - it works find on the second
attempt (right after) the first attempt showing stack etc.

Code is:

on mouseUp
    set the Visible of Stack "StackDataEntry" to True
  if the platform is "MacOS" then
    Sheet Stack "StackDataEntry" else
    Modal Stack "StackDataEntry"
  end if
  if the ModalResult of Stack "StackDataEntry" = True then
    Put the fld "HistoryList" of Stack "StackDataEntry" into btn
"Manufacturer"
     end if
end mouseUp

Cheers for any help